Friday, April 30, 2010

IN FLIGHT (Poem 33)

Erle Frayne Argonza y Delago


Here I am in my living sanctuary
Of higher learning—the dormitory
To reshape my faculties
Here I am

Waiting for the beacon
From the sky
Whence I shall fly.

Here I am
Comforted in a seemingly unending wait
By the native maya and robin
Singing encore their lovely melodies of solace;
By the evergreen leaves of shrubs and trees
Anchored so majestically outside my windows
Soothing like unto a great healer my tired eyes;
By the marvelous tunes of symphonies and renditions
My music box plays from morning till night;
By the cool monsoon breeze that flows gently
Into my room breathing pure air
To my lungs and organs.

Thanks to you all, dearest Comforters!
My Gestalt is ever enabled to grasp the world
As my waiting is equated to
A preparatory groundwork

For noble tasks
‘round the Earth
Soonest these shall commence.


[Writ. 14 Sept. 1987, Univ. of the Philippines, Quezon City, M.Manila.]

No comments:

Post a Comment