Thursday, April 29, 2010

IN FLIGHT (Poem 23)

Erle Frayne Argonza y Delago



My prime of youth, goodbye!

But ‘tis really no farewell.


Prime Youth, you’ve told me a tale

About my youth being so well spent

In rests and adventures

Inquiring and acting

Playing and growing up

Sadness and euphoria

Frustration and fulfillment


You’ve declared in writ:

Here was I consumed

In the Philippine isles!


But dearest Youth

You are the burning coal that runs

My bio-engine

Never allowing myself thus

To go weary in endless travails


You are the everlasting child who always

Responds in wonderment as its eyes

Behold nature’s and mankind’s

Manifold secrets.


Please make my Psyche

Your indestructible sanctuary

As much as you have no wish

To depart from me.



[Writ. 02 Sept. 1987, Univ. of the Philippines, Quezon City, M.Manila.]

No comments:

Post a Comment