Sunday, May 2, 2010

IN FLIGHT (Poem 45)

Erle Frayne Argonza y Delago


I’ve assembled the elements of next
Circumstances. They are built no less
By the urgency that has sprung
From the deepest recesses of the unconscious mind
Of watering down things to be watered
Or nailing fixtures in places where they’re utile.

So in the making of flights
I’ve had my luggage prepared
Had my mind attuned to the look-alikes
Of the next here-and-now
As when the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle
Are together fitted so neatly
Each piece has been glued into place
In the templates of my biographical trails.

I’ve but few pieces to fit in:
The good rest while waiting for the flight
And the exciting moment when my Wings
Shall send me skyward.


[Writ. 06 Oct. 1987, Univ. of the Philippines, Quezon City, M.Manila.]

No comments:

Post a Comment