Sunday, May 2, 2010

IN FLIGHT (Poem 41)

Erle Frayne Argonza y Delago


What ought I search for further?
In flight what more things to share?
Thanks so much my mind’s so nourished,
Experiences learned. All thoughts
And actions mutually enrich each other.
This truth my growing up had unearthed
From the deep mines of Olympus
As I’ve walked the face of the Earth.

I mentored for a half and three years
A thousand apprentices in its span.
How many were my Adepts, assured at least
There are. But I to them was an Adept too
As I am to all fellowmen.
Will I mentor more? Shall I mentor more?
I’d gladly do so for as long as I can.

If the aged are to the young their teachers
Likewise if the young are to their elders
Then the rolling of the times approaching
Will ensue smoothly like all thorns were swept off
Along the infinite stretch of road.

[Writ. , 1987, Univ. of the Philippines, Quezon City, M.Manila.]

No comments:

Post a Comment